SENIOR CORPORATE FUNDRAISING OFFICER
The Senior Corporate Fundraising Officer Supports the Fundraising Team to develop, manage and deliver a corporate fundraising programme to service the needs of the charity and our supporters.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and proactive fundraiser. You will be joining the Blesma fundraising team during a period of growth and success and we are looking for a committed individual to continue to develop existing corporate partnerships and forge new ones. The position is based in our new office in Chelmsford which is a 30 minute commute from London
To support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager to develop, manage and deliver a corporate fundraising programme to service the needs of the charity and our supporters. The post-holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of agreed activity and will ensure that all campaigns are within budget and are delivered to meet key performance indicators.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate partnerships, maximising their support and ensuring they have an excellent experience of working with Blesma
- Provide support for corporate individuals and attendees undertaking fundraising events on behalf of Blesma
- Identify and manage long term relationships with key supporters and ensure that all opportunities to develop repeat fundraising are maximised.
- Support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager to research and identify new business opportunities within the sector
- Support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager with applications, presentations and materials to help secure new partners
- Support the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager with high value and regional relationships
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager
- Assist the Corporate and Regional Fundraising Manager to achieve agreed income and expenditure targets
- Adhere to all Blesma financial policies and guidelines and ensure all financial paperwork is produced to agreed deadlines.
- Work with relevant Blesma departments to achieve targets, objectives, and strategic priorities identified in the Fundraising and Marketing strategy.
- Have a strong working knowledge of our organisation vision, purpose, and impact including relevant achievements through use of internal resources.
The Main Duties above are issued for the purpose of guidance and may be subject to variation.
A member of the Operations Directorate office based at our Head Office in Chelmsford with an occasional requirement for travel to meetings and events to represent Blesma. A preparedness to work out of office hours as required
How to apply?
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising Assistant (3 months temporary contract)
Blesma is looking for a talented and committed individual to work within its busy Fundraising Department in the run up to Christmas. The role is a great opportunity to expand skills and experience across fundraising especially within events, community, and special appeals.
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: Circa £20,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
Temporary (3 months), October to December - Full-time
Support the work of the Blesma fundraising team to develop, manage and maintain a programme of fundraising activities to service the needs of both the charity and our supporters. The post-holder will be responsible for the day to day tasks and administration across several activities and will help ensure that all campaigns are delivered to meet key performance indicators. This is our busiest time of the year and as such, we’re looking for a bright, capable and organised individual to join our small organisation during this exciting period.
· Provide support for our main activities such as the London Marathon, Remembrance 11k virtual run, Big Give, Christmas Carol Service and Remembrance direct marketing appeal.
· Acknowledging supporters by sending thank you letters to donors, community fundraisers and event participants
· Handle and respond to incoming enquiries via the phone, email, and post
· Sending out fundraising packs and materials to community and events participants
· Learn to use the Raiser’s Edge database and input accurate and up to date information onto the database
· Ensure that database and paper file systems are maintained and developed
· Sending out merchandise and managing orders from the online shop
· Support the Fundraising Team with the direct marketing campaigns by taking phone donations
This is a great opportunity to start a career within the charity sector, in particular within fundraising. The Main Duties above are issued for the purpose of guidance and may be subject to variation.
This job description covers the main tasks expected to be involved in undertaking the job and the main characteristics and qualities required of the jobholder. It is not meant to be all embracing and other tasks may be assigned to the jobholder as necessary and/or operational needs dictate.
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 24 September 2021.
Interview date: W/C 27 September 2021