In 2016 we generated £6,662,561 to support limbless veterans.
For every £1 given to Blesma…
- 50p goes towards Members’ Welfare, Accommodation and Care.
- 11p goes towards Members’ Activities.
- 6p goes towards Communications and Campaigning.
- 13p goes towards Income Generation.
- 20p goes towards future Commitments to Members (through life support)
Last year we delivered...
- 1,609 home visits and 158 other visits.
- 1,176 individual grants to 757 recipients.
- 42 rehabilitative activities to 312 participants.
The impact your support makes...
The Association was by my bedside from the very beginning. Blesma has helped me with practical things, like adaptations to my house, and has been there with emotional support, too. That’s given me the strength to move forwards with my life, and I’m incredibly grateful for that.Afghanistan Veteran and triple Amputee Craig
Support Our Work
At present, Blesma looks after 3,093 Members and Widows. Our elder membership is increasingly frail. Our younger membership has increased as a result of recent conflicts. Amputation is for life, and therefore Blesma is, too.