Following the overwhelming success in 2016 of our free Resilience and Adversity talks and workshops delivered by wounded veterans, we are delighted to announce that we are now taking school bookings for the Blesma Community Programme throughout February-July 2018.
What is it?
A programme that delivers free workshops, run by veterans who have lost limbs, the use of their limbs or eyesight, with the purpose to inspire and motivate pupils from all walks of life.
Pupils at your school will hear first-hand the inspiring personal story of a veteran and then take part in a practical workshop, led by an experienced workshop facilitator, exploring the themes of adversity and resilience.
What you need to know?
- These workshops are FREE
- A workshop can last for 1 or 1.5 hours - 20-30 minute school assemblies are also available
- Workshops are suitable for ages 11-18 - We allow a maximum of 30 students per workshop - All that we ask you to provide is a large enough space for the students to move around - a school hall or large enough studio space is ideal!
- Our team are all DBS checked
- Workshops are available from February - July 2018 and dates are flexible to suit your school
Our Aim is to:
- To inspire those who are listening
- Understand what it is to overcome adversity and promote how to be resilient
- Encourage healthy behaviours
- Improve confidence, self-esteem and make individuals realise that we all go through tough times
- To improve interpersonal skills and relationships
Year 11 students are stressed about exams - this was a perfect session to talk about human spirit, facing adversity – brilliantTEACHER FEEDBACK, BLESMA COMMUNITY PROGRAMME 2017
I've never seen such an enthralled audience.Teacher Feedback, Blesma Community Programme 2017
It was the best talk of the year. I love the way I got to experience hope.Student, Blesma Community Programme 2017
The workshops are FREE and we are taking bookings now for February - July 2018!
FIND OUT MORE...
phone us: 0203 051 9854