The London Landmarks Half Marathon is a brand new, closed road, central London run.
Run for Blesma
Registration fee: £40
Fundraising target: £350
The event is not your average half marathon! From cultural landmarks and heritage to the city's quirky and hidden secrets, runners will get to explore the capital on a route like no other!
It is the only half marathon to go through both the City of London and City of Westminster and the first event will take place on the 25 March 2018.
10,000 runners will start on Pall Mall, finish by Downing Street and have fabulous views of London’s most iconic landmarks including Big Ben, St Paul’s Cathedral, Nelson’s Column, the Gherkin, the Shard, the Tower of London and the London Eye.
Apply for your Blesma place
About The London Landmarks Half Marathon
- 10,000 runners
- Closed roads throughout London City & Westminster
- Route takes in some of London’s most iconic landmark
- A friendly team here to support you every step of the way
- £350 fundraising target
By taking on the London Landmarks Half Marathon for Blesma, you’ll be helping us help a limbless veteran like Matt.
Matt was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
“After my injury, the Blesma support officer I had was my lifeline. Blesma helps you move back into civilian life, but its people are ex-military, so they completely understand you. They really helped me sort out my compensation – they did all my paperwork for me, and they knew it inside out. They don’t pat themselves on the back – they just do it. Blesma basically just got things done.
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans. Your support can provide:
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
For more information please contact the fundraising team.
Tel: 020 8548 7089