Celebrating its 34th outing, the Leeds Half is firmly established as one of the highlights of Leeds’ sporting calendar and Yorkshire's biggest half.
Around 7,000 signed up for last year's event enjoying its challenging course, enthusiastic crowds and fantastic atmosphere. The 2018 Leeds Half Marathon raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for charities and good causes across Yorkshire and beyond.
The route starts in The Headrow alongside Victoria Gardens, heads out of the city centre, takes in a section of the Ring Road and returns via Abbey Road and Kirkstall Road before finishing in Cookridge Street alongside Millennium Square.
Get a charity place with Blesma
Get a charity place for just £20 when you pledge to fundraise £150.
- 7,000 runners
- Run the biggest half marathon in Yorkshire
- A friendly team here to support you every step of the way
By fundraising for Blesma you’ll be transforming lives
Matt Weston was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
"If my chair breaks and I can't repair it, Blesma will get it done. I was in a bad place after my injury but Blesma have been there for me, by my side from day one."
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans and widows
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
For more information please contact the Fundraising team.
Tel: 020 8548 7089