Take on the world's biggest half marathon for Blesma and support our vital work.
The Great North Run is the biggest half marathon in the UK and the World with over 57,000 runners taking part in the famous 13.1 mile UK half marathon.
Now the UK’s biggest and most famous half marathon, the route takes you from Newcastle, over the iconic Tyne Bridge and on to the finish in picturesque coastal town of South Shields.
There are two ways you can join Team Blesma...
Option 1: Apply for your own place
The Great North Run ballot will open soon, visit the Great North Run website for more details and to sign up for their reminder service. If you are lucky enough to gain your own place in the run you can still join the Blesma Great North Run team and fundraise with us.
Option 2: Apply for a guaranteed charity place
If you don’t want to wait until next year to join Team Blesma you can apply for one of our charity places and guarantee your place today. To apply for one of our guaranteed entry places please complete the form below. For each place we ask for a registration fee of £50 and that you pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £500.
Join team Blesma
- Join 57,000 other runners on this legendary course
- Exclusive Blesma t-shirt
- A friendly team here to support you every step of the way
By fundraising for Blesma you’ll be transforming lives
Matt Weston was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
"If my chair breaks and I can't repair it, Blesma will get it done. I was in a bad place after my injury but Blesma have been there for me, by my side from day one."
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans and widows
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
For more information please contact the Fundraising team.
Tel: 020 8548 7089