Do you have what it takes to join Team Blesma as we take on Nuclear Rush 2018 - a punishing, gritty cross country race on muddy Essex farmland?
Heavily loaded with over 50 man-made and natural obstacles, there are two race distances available to run on the day: 12km & 7km. Whether you enter an individual or a team, you will run together with Blesma supporters of all ages, backgrounds & athletic abilities.
No one will be left behind on this exhilarating, challenging, tough and fun challenge.
Get your 2018 place
Team Name: Team Blesma 7k
Team Password: BLESMA7
Registration fee: £63
Fundraising target: £100
Team Name: Team Blesma 12k
Team Password: BLESMA12
Registration fee: £73
Fundraising target: £100
Nuclear Rush 2018
Join 300 other Blesma supporters
- 12k and 7k options
- £100 fundraising target
Free T-shirt for fundraisers
On the day meet & greet
Lots of Mud!
When? 19 May 2018 at 12:40
Matt Weston was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
"If my chair breaks and I can't repair it, Blesma will get it done. I was in a bad place after my injury but Blesma have been there for me, by my side from day one."
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans. Your support can provide:
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
- What to expect on race day
- An unforgettable experience and well deserved sense of achievement.
- New friends made along the course.
- A high spec. Nuclear Technical T-shirt (only Rush and Fallout) and medal.
- A muddy mug and medal (Blackout and Blast only).
- Electronic chip timing and live results feed.
- Entry to the new Boom bar , music, party vibe, beers and good food.
- Free photographs of you racing.
- Onsite medical personnel.
- Course back-marker to ensure your safety at all times.
- Post race massage service (at additional cost) in the event village.
- Washing down facilities, warm showers, huge tanks of water to wash the worst off with.
- Warm changing rooms
- One free tea or squash drink at the end of the race for all finshers depending on the weather.
- Mains connected water stations throughout the course.
- Are spectators welcome?
Yes and at no extra cost. There’s lots to keep them entertained in our event village (kids obstacle, climbing wall, stalls, music, Boom Bar, post race party vibe, good food and drink), plus some great viewing positions at the start, finish and along the course.
Come and be part of these exciting and memorable races, support the runners and cheer them on. Bring a camera, your outdoor boots and enjoy the fun!
- What kind of obstacles are there?
A mix of natural and man-made obstacles including our firm classics: trenches, wades, tunnels, walls, ramps, pits, swims, climbs, crawls, swings, ditches, lakes, rivers, bogs, tracks, ruts, slides, jumps, runs…and enormous permanent obstacles!
- Is there somewhere to get warm?
Yes, there will be roaring fires and if really cold a heated tent.
- Is the course marshalled?
We pride ourselves on offering a safe and friendly race with supportive and helpful marshals around the course and at every major obstacle especially water.
- What happens if it rains?
Rain will not stop the racing. Rain makes mud – mud makes fun! Allow a little more time for arrival.