Walk, Jog or Run alongside the UK’s most famous river
Take on the Thames Path Challenge following England's greatest river - most will be walking, many will jog, some will be running, and all will have a special reason to push themselves. Our full 100km route heads upstream from Putney Bridge past Hampton Court to Runnymede of Magna Carta fame at 50km, then on past wonderful scenery all the way to Henley.
How to join?
Option 1 - Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
Full Challenge - £15 reg fee + £595 in fundraising
Half Challenge - £10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising
Quarter Challenge - £5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising
Option 2 - Mixed Funding – pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target
Full Challenge - £99 reg fee + £299 in fundraising
Half Challenge - £64.50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising
Quarter Challenge - £39.50 reg fee + £119 in fundraising
About the Thames Path Challenge
- Choose a distance that suits you
- Join as an Individual or as a Team
- Walk, Jog or Run
- Rest stops with free food & drink
- Fully signed route
- Medics, massage, and pace walkers
- Medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly!
- Training & guides to help you prepare
- Camping options available
Matt Weston was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
"If my chair breaks and I can't repair it, Blesma will get it done. I was in a bad place after my injury but Blesma have been there for me, by my side from day one."
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
For more information please contact the Fundraising team.
Tel: 020 8548 7089