Join 38,000 other runners on this world famous course and help us raise vital funds for our limbless veterans
The Virgin London Marathon is one the most iconic challenges in the world. You will run through the streets of London, see the city's most famous attractions and hear the sounds of the cheering crowds screaming your name go by.
There are two ways you can join Team Blesma...
Option 1: Apply for your own place
The public ballot is closed, if you have entered you will be notified of the result in October. If you do get a place through the ballot we would love for you to join Team Blesma, there is no fundraising target for own place runners. If you have entered the ballot you can still apply for a charity place.
Option 2: Charity Places
We have a limited number of guaranteed entry places for the marathon. Because places are limited we ask everyone to complete an application form to help us select our team. We also ask each runner to commit to raising a minimum of £2,000 to support our vital work.
If you have applied for a place through the public ballot you can still apply for a place with us – we won’t allocate places until after the ballot results are announced. Deadline for us to have received your application is 19 October 2018
Register today and receive your application form.
Run the 2019 London Marathon
- Join 38,000 other runners on this legendary course
- Pass iconic London landmarks
- On the day support and cheering points
- Exclusive Blesma t-shirt
- When? 28 April 2019
Matt Weston was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
"If my chair breaks and I can't repair it, Blesma will get it done. I was in a bad place after my injury but Blesma have been there for me, by my side from day one."
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
For more information please contact the Fundraising team.
Tel: 020 8548 7089