Challenge yourself, challenge your friends, family and colleagues and do 10K in May
Challenge yourself, challenge your friends, family and colleagues and do 10K in May. You could walk, jog, run, cycle, swim or wheel your way through the month to support Blesma. Cover the 10K in one go or break it up over the month – this is your challenge your way.
Registration is £20
Request your pack
How we'll support you
- Every participant will receive a fundraising pack and awesome Boots on for Blesma medal
- We will be in touch once registrations open in early 2019.
By fundraising for Blesma you’ll be transforming lives
Matt Weston was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
"If my chair breaks and I can't repair it, Blesma will get it done. I was in a bad place after my injury but Blesma have been there for me, by my side from day one."
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
For more information please contact the Fundraising team.
Tel: 020 8548 7089