Join Blesma's BIG annual fundraising week to support our wounded veterans
Get involved with Blesma Week
This year our national week of fundraising and awareness raising is 20th-26th May.
Every year we ask individuals and organisations to hold their own Blesma Week events to support our Limbless Veterans, from cycling to bake sales – there are so many ways you can get involved!
We could not carry out our vital work without the incredible support of our fundraisers who organise Blesma Week events in their homes, back gardens and work places up and down the country.
Order your Blesma Week Fundraising Pack
Blesma Week 2019
- There are many ways you can get involved!
- UK wide
- Get your work or school fundraising
- BBQ for Blesma
- Volunteer at one of our collections
- Host your own collection
- Do your own thing
- Blesma Week Fundraising Pack
- Host a bake sale
By fundraising for Blesma you’ll be transforming lives
Matt Weston was just 20 when he lost three limbs to a bomb blast in Afghanistan.
"All I remember is a flash, my ears ringing, and the sense of falling. I lost both my legs and my right arm below the elbow in the blast. My rehab has been long, slow and difficult. I was in intensive care for a while and was in hospital for three months, and I've just had my fiftieth operation."
"If my chair breaks and I can't repair it, Blesma will get it done. I was in a bad place after my injury but Blesma have been there for me, by my side from day one."
Last year alone we supported over 3,000 limbless veterans and widows
- Just £10 could help to pay for a dedicated Support Officer to visit an amputee like Matt and give him much needed emotional support.
- Just £100 could help to pay for home adaptations that would help an amputee like Matt get back into their own home and live independently once again.
- Just £150 would help pay for Blesma families to have a weekend away so amputees like Matt can spend some quality time with their partners, families, and loved ones.
For more information please contact the Fundraising team.
Tel: 020 8548 7089