ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS FOR SCHOOLS
Learning to be resilient can make a big difference to anyone that struggles with feelings of anxiety and low self-esteem.
"50% of mental health problems are established by age 14" - Mental Health Foundation, 2020
One of the most effective ways to encourage resilience is through inspiration from others who have overcome difficulties in their lives. That’s why the Making Generation R campaign supports injured veterans to take their inspiring stories about overcoming adversity to schools, frontline service and the military.
Over 125,000 young people and key workers have already been inspired by Making Generation R.
Sign up to inspire resilience in your classroom, frontline service or military community.
About our workshops for schools
- Workshops are completely FREE for schools and educational settings
- Bookings are available from November 2021 to July 2022
- They are run as live, in-person sessions and last between 60 to 90 minutes and include a group Q&A
- All workshops are followed up with a free digital Resilience Resource containing an additional recorded story and supporting exercises for your students to complete either together in the classroom or individually at home
- We also offer digital talks for overseas schools or schools whose students may be learning from home. These can be delivered over your preferred digital meeting platform e.g. Zoom, Teams, Blackboard Collaborate
During the session, your students will:
- Hear 2 x 15-minute personal stories of resilience shared by two Blesma members
- Learn real coping strategies through hearing real examples of how both speakers faced adversities, overcame these and went on to set and achieve goals
- Understand the meaning of adversity and resilience
- Be given the opportunity to ask questions to the speakers
WORKSHOPS FOR FRONTLINE WORKERS & THE MILITARY
- Our FREE workshops or digital talks are also available to all frontline workers and members of the military
- All sessions include 2 personal stories of resilience, followed by a group Q&A. Please get in touch below to find out more, or if you would like to book a session for your team
NHS Clinical Psychologist in Staff Wellbeing "Thank you for helping us to find meaning and purpose in challenging times."
Simon Gardiner, Teacher, Ark Academy London "During this challenging time MGR is a brilliant resilience programme to support our students, it’s such an engaging story and a refreshing new angle to help the students with their wellbeing”
All veterans who deliver their story have taken part in an intensive 5-day training course delivered by West End theatre professionals and public speaking trainers who help them to structure their personal stories of disaster and triumph in an engaging way before they go out and share them with the workshop recipients.
The Resilience Sessions podcast
The Resilience Sessions is a podcast that brings together injured veterans from Blesma, the Limbless Veterans Charity, and a well-known public figures to share their stories of facing challenges of all kinds. Through these conversations our guests chat to one another about their experiences, sharing how they have navigated their ups and downs, finding often surprising common ground, demonstrating that what is most personal is often most universal.