Digital talks for schools and key workers
Learning to be resilient can make a big difference to anyone that struggles with feelings of anxiety and low self-esteem.
"50% of mental health problems are established by age 14" - Mental Health Foundation, 2020
One of the most effective ways to encourage resilience is through inspiration from others who have overcome difficulties in their lives.
That’s why the Making Generation R campaign supports injured veterans to take their inspiring stories about overcoming adversity to schools and workplaces across the UK.
Over 100,000 young people and key workers have already been inspired by Making Generation R. Sign up to inspire resilience in your classroom or workplace.
About our talks for schools
- Talks are completely FREE for schools and educational settings
- Bookings are available from 19th October 2020 to July 2021
- They are run as live sessions and last between 60 to 90 minutes and include a group Q&A
- They can be delivered over your preferred digital meeting platform eg. Zoom, Teams, Blackboard Collaborate
- All sessions are followed up with a free digital Resilience Resource containing an additional recorded story and supporting exercises for your students to complete either together in the classroom or individually at home
During the session, your students will:
- Hear 2 x 10-minute personal stories of resilience shared by two Blesma members
- Learn real coping strategies through hearing real examples of how both speakers faced adversities, overcame these and went on to set and achieve goals
- Understand the meaning of adversity and resilience
- Be given the opportunity to ask questions to the speakers
ARE YOU A KEY WORKER?
- Our FREE digital talks are also available to all Key Workers
- All sessions include 2 personal stories of resilience, followed by a group Q&A. Please get in touch below to find out more, or if you would like to book a session for your team
Book a free talk
NHS Clinical Psychologist in Staff Wellbeing "Thank you for helping us to find meaning and purpose in challenging times."
Simon Gardiner, Teacher, Ark Academy London "During this challenging time MGR is brilliant resilience programme to support our students, it’s such an engaging story and a refreshing new angle to help the students with their wellbeing”
All veterans who deliver their story have taken part in an intensive 5-day training course delivered by West End theatre professionals and public speaking trainers who help them to structure their personal stories of disaster and triumph in an engaging way before they go out and share them with the workshop recipients.